[K12OSN] Adobe finally releasing Flash specs w/o NDA

It seems that we have Microsoft to thank for something very beneficial to our cause....

Adobe has announced, just yesterday, the free use of the Flash specs to create Flash players, something which, as we all know, they absolutely forbade up until then.  Before, you could make Flash file *creators*, like OpenOffice.org does, but not Flash file *readers* without reverse-engineering.

Now that the Gnash project has access to the specs, we may be free of the "Adobe curse" soon, especially with LTSP deployments.  Teachers will have one less "big gun" to whine about LTSP with.  Here's the announcement from Adobe themselves.

  http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200804/050108AdobeOSP.html

Who do we have to thank?  Yep, competition from Microsoft's Silverlight.  Pure and simple.

--TP
Do you GNU?