[K12OSN] Best Web server distro....what is it?

A power outage today finally killed one of my web servers....primarily the
hard drive.  Luckily it wasn't serving a whole lot, but it did house a lot
of files that I had uploaded via FTP for "safe-keeping".  As you may
guess, my backup wasn't any good either.  Nonetheless, I've put in a new
HD and want to press it back into service.  I was running SME server on it
and it was running great for about 4+ years.  I'm looking for any other
possibilities.  Simple, quick, dirty, and free (FOSS).  Simple Linux web
server....any suggestions?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School