Re: [K12OSN] Best Web server distro....what is it?

Paul Satherley wrote:

If SME server did what you needed without modifications, grab a current copy from www.contribs.org. It still works and is based on a still-supported centos. But... you really should something running backuppc on a raid-mirrored filesystem to take care of that for you.

I have two SME sites running LTSP loaded onto the server as well 10 windows xp clients and 6 ltsp clients boot from SME

as per here SME7.3 + Gnome 2.16 + LTSP 4.2 <http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=35111.0> have added openoffice and a few other apps.

there is a "server-panel" to manage the boot images
my server is a AMD 4600+ x2 with 4G ram the thin clients load in blink of eye and are very rsponsive!

best off both worlds for ltsp + domain controller + lamp  etc

I haven't paid much attention to SME server for a while, although I still have one running as a small email server. I always thought what it needed to integrate with ltsp was to have its user management hooked to LDAP and NFS to export home directories - with other servers doing the actual ltsp booting.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com