[K12OSN] State of K12LTSP usefullness in your school

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun May 11 00:59:19 UTC 2008

Hello List,

I pose this question about once a year to all the K12LTSP'ers on the
list here. I'd like to know,especially the newer people on the list
here,how your admins think, when you mention,about the K12ltsp setup in
a school setting. I have posted all my trials and tribulations many
times before. I always wonder what the admins think when you mention the
distro is free. This seems to be the biggest downfall I have found.Seems
odd doesn't it?,,,hhmm.I was told many moons ago by an older gentleman
that is a long time Linux guru that the United States would be the last
country to "flip" to Linux ,because the US is such a commercialized
country. I can see now he is correct:)
For example what does the teachers say when you have mentioned to them
about k12ltsp for the first time,etc.
Any comments to share?

Take Care,

Barry Cisna