Re: [K12OSN] OT - Cell phones

Use in the halls okay, but NOT in the classrooms...

that's our policy...but we're a smaller 250 student parochial high school...and the bullying issue is much larger than 'text messaging'...if the dude/ette has your cell #...well go change it and don't give it out to every tom, dick and sally?

2 cents worth.

Daniel Kuecker wrote:
I apologize for not being Linux related, but I was wondering how other schools are handling cell phone use by students? Our current policy is they are not to use them in school at all, however, they can text message in their pockets without teachers knowing. We are starting to experience bullying via text messages. What are you guys/gals doing to combat this issue?

Thanks
Daniel