Re: [K12OSN] edit client logon window

Marc Fromm wrote:

In a previous setup of K12ltsp (k12ltsp FC6) I could edit the logon
window welcome message with this file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and changing the entry RemoteWelcome=. My new setup (k12ltsp CentOS) does not seem to use the gdm.conf. I grepped the server for the line "Welcome to" but it
found no file to edit to change the client login screen.

What file can I edit to alter the client login window?

I used gdmsetup (also available via the Gnome menu, but I forget the exact menu and menu item, probably under System -> Administration somewhere) to change the logon screen to the CentOS 5 default logon window. I think you can also change that text using gdmsetup. The remote logon window is what is shown to the clients.

Nils Breunese.