[K12OSN] edit client logon window

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Thu May 15 11:06:49 UTC 2008

On my K12LTSP 5EL system, there's a file called /etc/gdm/custom.conf --
check that out.

I think I remember hearing that there were some problems with GDM on
this system.  For instance, XDMCP chooser does not work.  Maybe it's
been fixed by now.  Just keep this in mind in case the same bugs affect
what you're trying to do.

-Rob

Nils Breunese wrote:
> Marc Fromm wrote:
>
>> In a previous setup of K12ltsp (k12ltsp FC6) I could edit the logon
>> window welcome message with this file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and changing
>> the entry RemoteWelcome=. My new setup (k12ltsp CentOS) does not seem to
>> use the gdm.conf. I grepped the server for the line "Welcome to" but it
>> found no file to edit to change the client login screen.
>>
>> What file can I edit to alter the client login window?
>
> I used gdmsetup (also available via the Gnome menu, but I forget the
> exact menu and menu item, probably under System -> Administration
> somewhere) to change the logon screen to the CentOS 5 default logon
> window. I think you can also change that text using gdmsetup. The remote
> logon window is what is shown to the clients.
>
> Nils Breunese.

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.