[K12OSN] OT: Query - Top Five Laptops

Howdy list members -

Over the years I've belonged to this list I've come to appreciate that most members are versed not only on alternate solutions for operating systems and configurations, but also are quite knowledgeable in many other aspects of technology. With this in mind, I'd like to ask for some help on what I consider a daunting task I have at hand, namely to select the TOP FIVE LAPTOPS  that should be (because of their specs & configuration) selected as best STUDENT laptops available.

While this task could easily be "turned over" to vendors, I'd rather query the practitioners and techies who are in the fry, and who don't mind sharing. I suppose items like flash memory and built-in wireless add to a laptop desirability, but there might be other factors. Specs, vendor and cost are needed - interested in helping?