Re: [K12OSN] ltsp, subnets, dhcpd.conf

where ONLY your thin clients are plugged into the same switch as ETH0...

if you are using them as dual-boot machines.. i.e. windows on the SCHOOL network...and then as LTSP clients on the edubuntu server...then just get layout like this:

                ---- ETH1 --- SWITCH from school
EDUBUNTU SRV
                ----  switch  ---- ETH0 --- SWITCH to all computers

then take the wire from ETH0 and plug it into the school switch when you need the windows component on THEIR DHCP server..

*shrugs*  ghetto poor-mans' solution with minimal configuration

--Huck

Huck wrote:
You should be fine...

put eth1 as 192.168.3.XYZ and leave eth0 as the default LTSP 192.168.0.254...

since all of the thin-clients see the internet NAT'd through 192.168.3.XYZ you should be fine.

--Huck

Will Hatch wrote:
Hi All,

I'll do my best to explain my issue. I've successfully installed k12ltsp in the past. That was when I was at a small school, with my cable modem sitting beside my desk. I didn't have to worry about subnets, or changing the dhcpd.conf file. Here is my current situation:

This is a three-building school district. The internet is piped into the high school, where we have a Sonicwall firewall set up. The high school used subnets 0,1, and 2. My building uses 3. The central office uses 4 and 5. I can't find any documentation that says what I have to do exactly, in a case like mine. All the computers in my building use a subnet of .3. I have Edubuntu with ltsp installed, I have a universal boot floppy written for clients. But I know I have to do something to configuration files to get clients to boot. Thanks
Will

*********************************** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies. It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or gender orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.