[K12OSN] CentOS + USB devices

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Thu May 22 18:17:56 UTC 2008

I'm setting up a new k12ltsp server. Our current server (not setup by
me) has USB printer directly attached to a client and it is setup in
CUPS using Device URI socket://finaid76:9100 since that client is always
logged on with user account finaid76.

The lts.conf file has an entry
[finaid76]
        PRINTER_0_DEVICE        =/dev/usb/lp0
        PRINTER_0_TYPE          = U

Since there are no clear instructions with printers I am duplicating
configurations that currently work.

For USB thumb drives, what is the Fuse group?