Re: [K12OSN] rdesktop shows gray x

Barry R Cisna wrote:

Since upgrading our home K12LTSP server to EL5, when I try and rdesktop by CTL-ALT-F3 to one of our schools server ( either WIN2000 or WIN2003), I now get the ol' gray 'x'. I can telnet to this server on port 3389 ,no
probs and connect. I used to get the gray X in this fashion before, IF
this particular server was turned off at school . I can use the terminal server client in K12ltsp and connect fine to any of our school servers. Would anyone know how to go about troubleshooting this? As I said I can
use the terminal server client fine. I am just curious what I have
wrong? I can drop to a shell, no probs with CTL-ALT-F2. My config
lts.conf  :

SCREEN_03          = rdesktop
		 RDP_SERVER = public_ip_address_server2000
		 RDP_OPTIONS = -f -d domainxyz

# I have found without changing to -f I don't even get the gray "x" if
the above -f is -F (default)- ( uppercase)? This is from past
experience.

See rdesktop --help for the options. Apparently -f means 'full-screen mode'. There doesn't seem to be an -F option.

Nils Breunese.