Re: [K12OSN] Virtualized Windows on K12LTSP

Barry R Cisna wrote:

Not to be trying "reverse engineering",but I would bet you can get that Windows app to run via Wine IF you setup the installer for it correctly.

I believe the installer no longer works. Someone at some point created a zipfile with the files needed and a file with Windows registry stuff you need to import in order to get it all working. I haven't tried myself to get this app to work under Wine, but I believe even under Windows it's not pretty. I think I may end up virtualizing an existing Windows XP install with this app, but we may give Wine another go.

Still, I'd like to hear from people who have setup a virtualized installation of Windows on a K12LTSP server and hear what virtualization method they used and why, etc.

Nils Breunese.