Re: [K12OSN] dhcpd failed

Marc Fromm wrote:
There is another dhcp server on the network for windows machines to get
an IP that is why I am running the ltsp by assigning MAC addresses to
IPs.

That prevents the LTSP machine from serving IPs to other machines, but it doesn't prevent the other DHCP server from serving IPs to your thin clients.

The client is connecting to my ltsp server since I see the mac address
in the message log using tail -f.

I just tried a third system and it works just fine like the first.

I am assuming it is the NIC in th system that fails, even though the NIC
worked fine when the box was a windows system.

One thin client could consistently get an IP address from the non-LTSP DHCP server simply because it is closer on the network to the non-LTSP server (less hops).

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.