Re: [K12OSN] dhcpd failed

Almquist Burke wrote:

Just a footnote: The default setup in a two-nic K12LTSP server uses eth0 for the thin client side and uses eth1 to connect to the rest of the school's network.

Peter

That's only true for older versions of K12LTSP. The FC 9 ones don't have eth0 or eth1 set by default, eth0 is DHCP be default. Eth1 you have to set, and since Network Manager is managing eth0, I found it easier to make eth1 the bridge for thin clients.

Yes, but he said in his original message that he is using K12LTSP-EL5, and in that case it does default to eth0 for the clients and eth1 for the school network. I was just trying to clarify things for him in his particular situation. Bringing up the Fedora 9 implementation, AKA K12Linux, which uses LTSP 5 and is therefore a different architecture, and the fact that it's still a work in progress, would seem to just muddy the waters for him. You and I know the difference, but we've been here a while; I think he is relatively new to K12LTSP.

Peter