[K12OSN] fltk teacher tool blues

Rob Asher rasher at paragould.k12.ar.us
Mon Nov 10 14:39:50 UTC 2008

No x11 in the output of netstat for grep to find then.  Do you at least get any output with:

netstat -pantuew

Rob

-------------------------------------
Rob Asher
Network Systems Technician
Paragould School District
(870)236-7744 Ext. 169

>>> "Will Hatch" <whatch at anwsu.org> 11/10/2008 8:02 AM >>>
I just ran netstat as root with the same result.

[root at server ~]# netstat -t -e | grep x11
[root at server ~]#

>>> "Rob Asher" <rasher at paragould.k12.ar.us> 11/10/08 8:45 AM >>>
>From the look of the prompt, he's not logged in as root and may not have privileges to run netstat.

Rob

-------------------------------------

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Will Hatch <whatch at anwsu.org> wrote:
> When I type in the command you suggested I get nothing really.
>
> [wphillips at server ~]$ netstat -t -e | grep x11
> [wphillips at server ~]$
>
> I did the same thing under a different user name with the same result; it just goes back to the prompt.  So what does this mean?  Thanks for the help Robert. -Will

I don't understand why netstat is not giving you any output. Try this command:

last | grep still

--
Robert Arkiletian

dangerous content by the Paragould School District

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.
It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or gender orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.