[K12OSN] smbldap adjusting permissions from Windows

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Nov 10 23:34:58 UTC 2008

Rob,

I'm not sure this would do any good for what you are describing, but
what about putting an 'umask =755' in the /home portion share, of your
smb.conf file. Then  'service smbd restart'.  I guess I've never tried
changing permissions on any files dumped onto our /home folder on the
Samba file server,via winders? It always "just works",,:).Maybe you are
going over the top on geekiness...:-) I'll give it a try tomorrow  and
let you know what we have for smb.conf settings and the like.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna