[K12OSN] Can anyone confirm these work on their K12LTSP systems?

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:56:23 UTC 2008

Huck wrote:
> http://phet.colorado.edu/simulations/index.php
>
> I've tried on mine and have fallen short of the goal (them actually
> working)...
>
> I'm quite unfamiliar with 'java apps' other than the games I'm
> continually blocking on the Windows side of things...
>
> Our physics teacher asked it they'd work on the thin clients... I
> thought, Sure! Why not? but was proven wrong when I attempted to run them.
>
> Perhaps I'm going about it incorrectly...
>
> 1st it tries to open them with 'bluefish'(an editor if I'm not mistaken)...
> so I tried running them with /usr/bin/java  that didn't work either.
>
> no error...it just opened with bluefish anyway...
>
> Any thoughts/advice appreciated!
>
> --Huck

Just tried it on a K12LTSP5-EL (CentOS 5 with LTSP 4.2) server and it works
just fine. That server has Firefox 3 and Sun JDK 1.6.04 installed (latest is
1.6.10 I think). You have to make sure that the Java plugin is present (usually
by symbolic link) in the Firefox plugins directory.

                         - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |