[K12OSN] smbldap adjusting permissions from Windows - SOLVED!

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Fri Nov 14 12:20:11 UTC 2008

I was right-clicking on a folder within the share.  Are you saying that
attempts to change permissions on the whole share and not just that
folder?  If so, that would explain my problem (because my user wouldn't
have permission to change the whole share).  But it doesn't seem intuitive.

-Rob

Almquist Burke wrote:
> I think that's because you are changing permissions on the file share,
> and not on the files/folders themselves if you do it the first way.  On
> NT based systems, even if you are using file sharing, you have to have
> permission to use the files.
>
> On Nov 12, 2008, at 7:05 AM, Rob Owens wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know why this alternate process is needed, and why you
>> can't change directory permissions using the same method as changing
>> file permissions?  Is it fixed in later versions of Samba?
>
>> -Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.