[K12OSN] smbldap adjusting permissions from Windows -

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at hhprep.org
Mon Nov 17 14:07:55 UTC 2008

Sorry about bad reply form, I reply from the digest.

Are you using ACLS under linux?  getfacl/setfacl.....

Under samba and those shares, do you have:

Inherit permissions = yes
Inherit acls = yes
Map acl inherit = yes

The whole change permission thing is still funky, however you can start
to add other users to a file as well as some of the rwx abilities from
the windows end.

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School