[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN] SCREEN_01 contains a screen script ldm

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Nov 17 18:04:11 UTC 2008

Hi,
you need the lts.conf so the client knows where to start graphic
sessions by running ldm (or even startx) or to start a terminal. You are
getting the same screen that a default session with proper lts.conf
would get on ctrl+alt+f1

lts.conf is now located in
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/

If you don't have one, here's enough to get you started:

[default]
    #X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
    LOCALDEV=True
    SOUND=True
    NBD_SWAP=True
    SYSLOG_HOST=server
    #XKBLAYOUT=us
    LDM_NUMLOCK=true
    SCREEN_02=shell
    #SCREEN_03=shell
    #SCREEN_04=shell
    #SCREEN_05=shell
    #SCREEN_06=shell
    SCREEN_07=ldm
    #VOLUME=100
    #HEADPHONE_VOLUME=90
    #PCM_VOLUME=90
    #CD_VOLUME=90
    #FRONT_VOLUME=90

    # LDM_DIRECTX=yes allows greater scalability and performance
    # Turn this off if you want greater security instead.
    LDM_DIRECTX=yes
    # LDM_DEBUG=yes writes to /var/log/ldm.log during client runtime
    LDM_DEBUG=yes