[K12OSN] installing mplayer to play mp4 files

Will Hatch whatch at anwsu.org
Tue Nov 18 20:09:56 UTC 2008

I downloaded a youtube video that is in mp4 format and wanted to play it k12ltsp, but Totem can't play it.  I read that mplayer will, but am having all kinds of trouble getting it installed.  When I follow directions that I've found on the internet, I keep getting yum errors.

[root at server ~]# yum install mplayer
 * epel: ftp.linux.ncsu.edu
 * webmin: k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us
 * addons: mirrors.combinetworks.com
 * extras: ftp.lug.udel.edu
 * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
 * k12ltsp: k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us
 * macromedia: macromedia.mplug.org
 * updates: mirror.trouble-free.net
 * base: updates.interworx.info
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package mplayer available.
Nothing to do
[root at server ~]#

How do I get this thing installed? Is there another rpm out there that will play mp4?

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.
It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or gender orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.