[K12OSN] You can't have LTSP and network too

M Rathburn stretchem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 02:59:38 UTC 2008

Not a dumb question... eth0 is the one for the thin clients.  eth1 is for
the rest of the network (internet).

Recognize that I've now done two complete installs with the same result...
one with eth0 getting DHCP, one with eth0 statically assigned.  In both
installs, as soon as the BRIDGE is made, all networking goes south.

Have now also done two installs of K12LTSP CentOS5EL, using the same as
above, and they both worked perfectly throughout.  The problem is with the
Fedora9 install.  My next lab test is to install F9, but this time swap the
interfaces around - have eth0 be for internet, eth1 be for the clients, and
we'll see if that makes a difference.

-Mike Rathburn
 Children First Florida