[K12OSN] GRUB?

Manoj Kumar manoj.u.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:13:58 UTC 2008

>From the grub> prompt, type the following to boot the server
1. grub> root (hdx,y)
where x is the hard disk containing /boot
y is the partition number of /boot
2. grub> kernel /vmlinuz-<version> ro root=<device file name of root
partition>
type the appropriate kernel to boot & the device file name of root partition
eg.,
grub> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.el5 ro root=/dev/sda2
3. grub> /initrd-<version>.img
type the appropriate initrd version
4. grub> boot

Perform the above 4 steps & see if the server boots. If it boots then open
/boot/grub/grub.conf and make the neccessary changes or if the file is
missing create one

Thanks
Manoj