[K12OSN] Re: video on LTSP

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sat Nov 22 23:23:35 UTC 2008

I always associated that "immediately shutting down" when playing video
thing with either a lack of video RAM on the client or using the wrong
video drivers.  (Usually vesa when you could force a more appropriate
choice.)  What kind of video cards do these clients have.

If it was a bandwidth thing it would be more likely to just play really
slow and/or jerky.  And when mplayer or totem can't find the right codec
they usually complain about it.

Oh, I should say that I'm far from the most knowledgeable guy on here.
So YMMVIMHOBBQ and all that.

ck