[K12OSN] How to mount old LVM on old drive to recover student homes

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:06:33 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

Thank you  Robert, James and anyone else who messenged me about installing
K12 on top of Centos 5.2.  I finally figured out I was just missing the
--import http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/k12ltsp.asc key to finish the
install.  I may have zotted out a longer history from another console but
this may have been it..

It seems I've got our students in a panic.  I rsynced a two month old backup
back to the homes instead of the nightly...  Just too busy- what can I say.

The the homes I need are on the old single Centos 5 LVM hard drive.  How do
I mount this in my fstab?  I've never had to deal with lvms before.  I
always stay away from them when I want second and third independent drives.
This one was the main drive though...

Can't find anything on google yet on adding an already existing LMV to a
running system but I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Jim