[K12OSN] Re: How to mount old LVM on old drive to recover student homes

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:32:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

The only volumes I find in /dev/mapper are the newly installed LVM and its
swap:

[root at library ~]# pvscan
  PV /dev/hdb2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [74.41 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sda2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [465.66 GB / 0    free]
  Total: 2 [540.06 GB] / in use: 2 [540.06 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]
[root at library ~]# vgscan
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
[root at library ~]#

I need to add the old LVM from hdb2 ...  The LVMs are named the same...

What to do??

Thanks,

Im