[K12OSN] Java on Linux slow, any ideas?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Nov 3 00:48:50 UTC 2008

Todd,

I just done an install of bluej on my k12ltsp server here at home,and it
runs fine now. I am using the same version of java -- jdk1.5.0_15 only
this is now Centos5 versus last years was fc6. Same kernel, only Centos5
is a few numbers newer kernel wise. Newer version of bluej of course
too. Maybe i just messed up on the setup way back.
Just curious,roughly how many clients can you have running bluej
there,before your network tanks? Do you have gig-e backbone there with
100mb going "into the rooms"? Are the clients you are using half way
decent? Could try running APPS=Y ( locally) and see if you gain anything
this way? Just a thought.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna