Re: [K12OSN] Client Auto Login

Since you mention Fedora 9, I assume you're using LTSP 5. LTSP 5 doesn't use GDM, it uses LDM. LDM has some autologin features, but we haven't yet documented their use on K12linux/Fedora. You might have a look at the LTSP documentation or Ubuntu's docs.

Peter

CHUCK SYPERSKI wrote:
I should also mention I am running the Fedora 9 based install.

"CHUCK SYPERSKI" <CSYPERSKI dupage88 net> 11/3/2008 7:08 AM >>>
I am sorry if this question has been answered already, but we are attempting to use K12 Linux LTSP for the base a digital signage project we are working on, with about 20 LCD displays placed around out school district.  The only road block we have hit is using gdm's autologin for the remote clients.  Is there something I am missing?  Here is my /etc/gdm/custom.conf:

#GDM configuration storage

[xdmcp]

[chooser]

[security]
AllowRemoteAutoLogin=true

[debug]

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=csyperski
TimedLoginDelay=10

All this does is autologin the specificed user on the server itself and not the remote clients.  Once again, I apologize if this question has been answered already.  Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide.

Thanks,
Chuck Syperski