[K12OSN] No response from server. Restarting

Brian Fristensky bfristen at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 4 00:14:39 UTC 2008

I am getting LTSP5 to start up, and I get the Login screen. I type in a userid
and password, and get the message

Verifying password

The system thinks for awhile, and then I get

No response from server. Restarting.

Then the screen goes blank, displaying only the arrow cursor. Nothing else happens.

My particulars:

Server: LTSP5 on a laptop running a fresh and updated Fedora 9 install,
LTSP set up as per the instructions.

Client: LTSP Term 1420 PXE from Diskless Workstations

(This may or may not have any bearing. I did the default build using
ltsp-build-client, which produces an i386 chroot. Is this correct for
the 1420 PXE? There were no  The host is a 64-bit machine, and the 1420
specification sheet doesn't explicitly say whether that is a 64-bit
or 32-bit architecture.)

Brian Fristensky