[K12OSN] Capturing snapshots from camera

I've been asked to setup a camera over looking our College's playing field to capture an image every 30 minutes so we can see how much it is being used.

I have a camera with that has a composite video output that I'd like to use and a video input card (not sure if it linux compatible, if not I'll get one that is *grin*) but I'm not sure what software to use to do this.

Not worried about motion sensing just need a jpg or something every X minutes

Does anyone do this ? Any ideas or pointer where to start.

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College

the views of Portsmouth College