Re: Rép. : [K12OSN] Capturing snapshots f rom camera

Problem is that the webcams don't have the sort of lens that we'd need.

I'm looking at a package called "webcam" that's part of xawtv at the mo to see if that'll do it.

Brian

Guy-Michel Lessard wrote:
My gut feeling is do'nt touch that, get a Linux compatible webcam. It will be a lot less hassle. I'm sure there will be members here that can suggest easy to get compatible webcams.

 >>> Brian Chivers <brian portsmouth-college ac uk> 2008-11-04 06:47:24 >>>
I've been asked to setup a camera over looking our College's playing field to capture an image every
30 minutes so we can see how much it is being used.

I have a camera with that has a composite video output that I'd like to use and a video input card (not sure if it linux compatible, if not I'll get one that is *grin*) but I'm not sure what software
to use to do this.

Not worried about motion sensing just need a jpg or something every X minutes

Does anyone do this ? Any ideas or pointer where to start.

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College