Re: [K12OSN] DHCP and specific IPs

Doug Simpson wrote:

Is there a way to make DHCP hand out IP addresses, but only to computers that we have the MAC addresses for? In other words, DHCP will hand out IP addresses, but only to a certain specified list of MAC addresses.

I am wanting to stop people from bringing unauthorized equipment from home and connecting it to our network and if it don't get an IP address, it won't work.

Don't forget that people can assign an IP address to their 'unautorized equipment from home' without DHCP.

Nils Breunese.