[K12OSN] pulling winders environment data into a form from a PHP webpage

Gavin Spurgeon gspurgeon at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 15:32:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 09:26 -0600, Doug Simpson wrote:
> The web server is not running on the Novell server and I don't know how to make the web page authenticate a user from the Novell server and all that jazz. . .
>
> Would it be easier to run the web page and php from a Novell server and authenticate or would it be about the same... .. >

No, not @ all, it is really quite easy to get a PHP script to connect to
Novell's NDS and check user names and stuff...

so you have your NDS Server with all usernames/passwords and then your
Linux www server running your PHP script that asks users for a
username/password that it checks against the Novell NDS... Bobs your
uncle :-)

I did this with a very large in-house web app that used Novell's NDS as
its user back-end. I have ~3000 students and ~200 staff...

--
Gavin Spurgeon.
gspurgeon at redhat.com
RedHat GLS Instructor EMEA
Red Hat UK Ltd
200 Fowler Avenue
IQ Farnborough, Farnborough, Hants GU14 7JP
Mob:    +44 7841 231160
Tel:    +44 1252 362700
Fax:    +44 1252 548116

Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Brendan Lane (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)