Re: [K12OSN] DHCP and specific IPs

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org> wrote:
Here's an almost-helpful suggestion: There are some projects out there, the names of which I can't recall at the moment, in which unrecognized client systems are redirected to a webpage in which the user is required to register.  This happens via the user's web browser, so if the user doesn't open firefox, say, it appears to them they are just not connected.  These kind of systems are deployed in places likes  yours, and airports where they charge for internet access.  There was a great writeup about one system six or eight years ago in Linux Journal, by some people from a school such as yours.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of their project, but you might try searching LJ's archives.

Peter

Peter,
I think the project are either PacketFence http://www.packetfence.org or OpenNAC http://www.opennac.net

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9551