Re: [K12OSN] DHCP and specific IPs

Nick Hadgis wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org <mailto:peter scheie homedns org>> wrote:

    Here's an almost-helpful suggestion: There are some projects out
    there, the names of which I can't recall at the moment, in which
    unrecognized client systems are redirected to a webpage in which
    the user is required to register.  This happens via the user's web
    browser, so if the user doesn't open firefox, say, it appears to
    them they are just not connected.  These kind of systems are
    deployed in places likes  yours, and airports where they charge
    for internet access.  There was a great writeup about one system
    six or eight years ago in Linux Journal, by some people from a
    school such as yours.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of
    their project, but you might try searching LJ's archives.

    Peter

Peter,
I think the project are either PacketFence http://www.packetfence.org or OpenNAC http://www.opennac.net

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9551
Ah, it was OpenNAC. I was hoping someone with a better memory than I have would speak up. Thanks Nick!