Re: [K12OSN] Any rpm for RHEL 5 server without boot services?

Lisa Corsetti wrote:
Hi,

I would like to configure Red Hat Enterprise 5 servers as ldm login servers only and not have any LTSP boot services on them. Is there an rpm that only includes the ldminfo related software to accomplish this? If not, I imagine the manual steps to accomplish this are not very complicated. Can any of you offer insight?

If you have installed the k12ltsp server software, just stop the dhcpd service:
service dhcpd stop
and
chkconfig dhcpd off
to keep it from starting at bootup. I'm not sure how you enable remote X logins on a stock RHEL5 - it used to be with gdmconfig on older versions but I think it is changed now.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com