[K12OSN] OT: Sluggish file server

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Nov 10 21:41:26 UTC 2008

David,

This is just a thought to see what changes on your server. Try taking
off the nfs mount and add your /home folder with a CIFS mount and reboot
the server. I always do this stuff via Webmin so I don't have any
typos,,as I am good at fatfingering .conf files. Is this an Centos5
K12LTSP5 server BTW? I don't know if it is possible if you have some
weird whitespaces on your fstab or mtab .conf file if this would cause
this? I don't think so but who knows? Did this server run Ok for several
weeks and this just started going wonky on you? What do you see when you
run top? Is nfsd showing lots of different processes?
Let us know your progress,,,findings.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna