Re: [K12OSN] SchoolTool Beta

Tom Hoffman wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Moon <moon smbis com> wrote:
Since you do not support Red Hat based distos, why are you using their
K12OSN support list to peddle your app? Ubuntu has a forum.

Why are you trying to divide the community?  It is all free software.
If someone wants to make .rpm packages, as Eric Harrison has done in
the past for SchoolTool, they're welcome to.  It is generally not the
responsibility of application developers to create binary packages for
specific distributions.

--Tom

Hello Tom,

I just took a look at the SchoolTool Web site. You're most certainly right in that there's no point in Ubuntu vs. Red Hat. This is a "K12OSN" forum, not just a K12LTSP forum, and everyone who does Free Software in education is welcome here.

In that spirit....

Since I have actually looked at the Web site, I'm having trouble finding a tarball (that is, a .tar.gz) for the source code. If we had that, then we could just compile SchoolTool on *whatever* distro, including the BSD's.

Any way you could make a source tarball available, or a CVS/Subversion/git link where we could pull the source tree down?

Thanks for your work,

--TP