[K12OSN] You can't have LTSP and network too

The old adage goes "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

I was happy, and a bit relieved, to finally get LTSP5 to work, but now I can't
use the Internet eg. Firefox can't find anything at any URL. Even simple things like trying to ping a remote host, or even one on my home network (eg. 192.168.x.x), gives a "network unreachable" message.

Server: laptop running Fedora9 and LTSP5
Terminal: Diskless Workstations 1420 PXE

ltspbr0 is associated with my wired ethernet port eth0
There is also a wireless ethernet port eth1.
These interfaces worked before I activated the ltspbr0:

/usr/sbin/brctl addif ltspbr0 eth0

As soon as I typed this command, I was able to boot the terminal,
but after that, no internet connection.

The ping error messages, by the way, show that ping is trying to
use eth0. eth0, eth1 and ltspbr0 all show as Active
in the Network tool.

While we're at it, my ultimate plan is to be running
LTSP5 on a desktop machine that has only a single hard
wired ethernet card. (I have a feeling these two questions
are related.) I would like to encourage
whoever was planning on writing the "AdvancedNetworkSetup"
page on the FedoraK12 wiki to make that a priority.
Many thanks in advance.

Brian