[K12OSN] You can't have LTSP and network too

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 00:21:44 UTC 2008

2008/11/15 Brian Fristensky <bfristen at shaw.ca>:
> things like trying to ping a remote
> host, or even one on my home network (eg. 192.168.x.x), gives a "network
> unreachable" message.
>
> Server: laptop running Fedora9 and LTSP5
> Terminal: Diskless Workstations 1420 PXE
>
> ltspbr0 is associated with my wired ethernet port eth0
> There is also a wireless ethernet port eth1.
> These interfaces worked before I activated the ltspbr0:
>
> /usr/sbin/brctl addif ltspbr0 eth0

Please post out put of

ifconfig
route -n

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.