[K12OSN] SCREEN_01 contains a screen script ldm ...

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Mon Nov 17 13:40:08 UTC 2008

Brian Fristensky wrote:

> I upgraded LTSP5 using yum yesterday, and now my thin client won't boot.
>
> The boot process proceeds to the message
>
> Adding udev persistent rules
>
> and then the following message appears:
>
> SCREEN_01 contains a screen script ldm Please change to another screen

On the Debian-based LTSP 5 systems I've used, ldm must be on SCREEN_07
or higher.  Maybe the same for Fedora?

> After this message appears, I can't change screens with ctrl-alt-F1 -
> ctrl-alt-F12.
>
> No further messages appear, and the thin client hangs. I can get it
> to start a reboot with ctrl-alt-del, but it seems to get frozen and
> will not even finish halting the system.
>
> My /etc/lts.conf file is empty, as is the lts.conf in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc,
> so no screens are being set up there. It seems likely that something
> was changed in the recent update that causes this error.

On Ubuntu LTSP 5, lts.conf goes in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386.  There
was a discussion about a month back on the ltsp-user list as to why it
wouldn't work if it was /etc/lts.conf -- basically it is not available
to the thin client filesystem.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.