[K12OSN] SCREEN_01 contains a screen script ldm ...

Brian Fristensky bfristen at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 17 15:08:28 UTC 2008

Healy, Patrick wrote:
> Brian Fristensky <bfristen shaw ca> wrote:
> and then the following message appears:
> SCREEN_01 contains a screen script ldm Please change to another screen
>
> Hi Brian,
> I updated my FC9 k12linux install last week and got the exact same problem on any rebooted client. The fix for me was to edit lts.conf and just comment out the line for screen 01 in
> /var/lib/tftpboot/i386/etc/lts.conf which was set to ldm. Suprisingly, only rebooted terminals got this message, the ones that were left on through the update were still ok.  All was well after that.  Please forgive any typo on the file location, as I'm at home now without the server in front of me -- but note that the file you need to change is in /var not /etc or /opt.  Good Luck.
>
> Pat Healy
> Palm Desert High School

Pat,

Thanks, that did the trick. Just to document the correct path, the file is
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

I commented out the line that said

SCREEN_01=ldm

This time, the thin client rebooted properly. It is worth noting that
the above line was the only SCREEN statement that was uncommented in
the file. I don't know of any Linux distros that don't use
screens 1 - 6 as command line and screen 7 as the default X11 screen.
This is therefore probably a bug, rather than a feature.

Brian Fristensky
971 Somerville Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3T 1B4 CANADA
bfristen at shaw.ca