Re: [K12OSN] Open Source concept information for k-12 educators?

Eric Feldhusen wrote:
I had a good question from one of my elementary school teachers
regarding where to find information describing open source software for
a lay person?  I can do a pretty good job describing why and how people
write open source software, but they were looking for something that
they could read online.

Any suggestions?
Well, there's the "authoritative" definition for free software by the free software foundation:
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/free-sw.html
"Free" is not the same as "open source", but the the article gives a good theoretical base.
--
Micha
Eric