Re: [K12OSN] Firefox 3.0.4

Steve Krause wrote:
Frequently, when the thin client computer users start firefox (v. 3.0.4), they get an error message. It starts with: an error occurred while loading or saving config. information for gecko... They have to clear it about 7 or 8 times according to the teacher, then firefox works. They have recently been getting a similar message at login for krb5-auth-dialog. We are integrated with Active Directory so the kids can access the Windows hosted home folders. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you may be having problems (re-)connecting to those Windows home folders, since firefox saves configuration info as well as cache files in the user's home directory. You may have to look into file server response times/load, network problems or timeout values. Make sure that users are logging out "clean" (closing all applications and logging out) and not just turning the terminals off.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |