[K12OSN] SMBLDAP - Requiring and facilitating password change at first logon

Hey,

I've gotten a SMBLDAP server going on Centos. I think it works really well through all the testing I've done. I'm about to convert people over to using it. What's the best way for making the kids change the PW at first login (I didn't assign very good passwords when I set up the accounts and now I'm worrying about it.) Is there a GUI way to do this?

Is there a way in LDAP to keep a person in the DB but not let them log into workstations? Like to toggle some sort of "active" field in the db?

Oh, BTW all the workstations are Ubuntu 8.04, I'm hoping that simplifies things.

Thanks,

ck