Re: [K12OSN] fl_teachertool-0.62 rpm download here

M Rathburn wrote:

So I went to the site suggested and downloaded the rpm. Then I get this:

[root ltsp ~]# rpm -Uvh fl_teachertool-0.62-RC1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
       libfltk.so.1.1 is needed by fl_teachertool-0.62-RC1.i386
       libfltk_images.so.1.1 is needed by fl_teachertool-0.62-RC1.i386
       ltsp is needed by fl_teachertool-0.62-RC1.i386

The instructions provided says dependencies will be retrieved for me.
However, the dependencies I see above aren't the same dependencies that are
available for download from the site provided.

What have I done wrong? I would particularly like to be able to yum install
it if possible.  Thanks.

Another reply says this rpm won't work on your setup, but in general: rpm doesn't retrieve dependencies, that's what yum does. You can tell yum to install a locally downloaded rpm and resolve dependencies like this: yum localinstall some.rpm

Nils Breunese.