[K12OSN] video on LTSP

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Nov 22 05:45:57 UTC 2008

First, get off of Fedora Core 6; you're asking--begging--for a system
compromise.  It hasn't been supported for nearly a year now!  I strongly
recommend K12LTSP 5EL, based on CentOS 5, which looks virtually
identical to FC6.

After you do that...

...then check out your server port on your switch to see how much
bandwidth is actually being used when you try to view these videos.

Also, note that Totem and MPlayer are not the same thing; I've found
that Totem can have "issues" in LTSP environments that MPlayer doesn't
seem to have.  No, I don't know why; it's just what I've seen.  And
MPlayer is at version 1.0; there is no v2.16.5.

Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!