[K12OSN] Cloning Acer Aspire One

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Nov 28 21:10:30 UTC 2008

I have had, and continue to have, great success using Clonezilla from
either a usb/cd bootable image, or launched from DRBL.  For portable
installs I use a macbook booted into debian.  Mass imaging via
udpcast, single imaging, launching memtest, and even loading the OS
from the server, all make this a scary good tool for social
entrepreneurship.  I'll be knocking out about 120 donated computers
with it over the next few days.

I have not used sysprep before, but it appears that once you perfect
your golden image, you have several good options for achieving your
imaging goals.  For mass imaging gnu/linux boxes, I start with a small
golden image made from an older drive, ~4 gb, and then resize / to
fill the bigger drives.

--scott