[K12OSN] hplip worth setting up , using

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Nov 29 17:33:20 UTC 2008

I've done it several times, both with "stock" CentOS 5 and with K12LTSP
5EL.  Yep, it's actually pretty easy.  Version 2.8 of HPLIP made tons of
improvements and even recognizes the latest HP OfficeJets.

Do note, though, that to recognize some of the latest models (e. g.
OfficeJet 6480, which my Dad has), you may need to uninstall the stock
HPLIP and download/install the latest one from hplip.sourceforge.net.
But it is not at all difficult to do this.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!