Re: [K12OSN] Cloning drives, no network or compression

Steven Santos wrote:
How are these machines connected to the network now?

Scott S. wrote:

> The network they are on
> is a mish-mash of token ring and ethernet, and it's mostly wired with
> old IBM Type 2 wiring. The ethernet ones are using a balun to use the
> old wiring.

They are mostly 100mbit, perhaps a quarter of them are 10mbit. Maybe a dozen left are token ring on a MAU, which Debian recognizes well as tr0.

Some of them have cat5 and consumer dumb switches run to them as well. I am trying to avoid swapping hardware in/out of them as much as possible.